Understanding consumer preferences is pivotal for the prosperity of any enterprise. This is especially relevant for Pakistan, a nation that presents a dynamic mix of both traditional and contemporary inclinations within its expansive consumer base of over 220 million. From advanced tech gadgets to sought-after beauty products, the roster of top-selling products in Pakistan illuminates the constantly shifting consumer trends in the country.
In this article, our objective is to offer an exhaustive rundown of the top-selling products in Pakistan to guide businesses in making informed strategic choices.
List of top-selling products in Pakistan
Let’s look at the most purchased items in Pakistan. We’ll talk about everything from mobile phones to clothes, showing what people in Pakistan like to buy most.
The beginning of the digital age has led to an overflow in demand for smartphones and their related accessories. Top-selling smartphones in Pakistan range from budget-friendly models like Infinix and Realme to high-end brands like Apple and Samsung. The newly launched iPhone models, the Samsung Galaxy S series, and Oppo Reno series are particularly popular among consumers.
Moreover, there’s an equally thriving market for mobile accessories. Screen protectors, phone cases, earphones, Bluetooth headsets, power banks, and smartwatches from brands like Xiaomi, Realme, and Baseus are hot commodities due to their high utility and affordability. Smartphones and their accessories are top-selling items in Pakistan for several reasons:
- Affordability and Variety: With a wide range of models available, from budget-friendly to premium, consumers can find smartphones to match their financial constraints.
- Increasing Internet Penetration: As more Pakistanis gain access to the Internet, smartphones become a necessity for staying connected.
- Mobile Accessory Trends: The popularity of mobile accessories is driven by their ability to enhance the functionality and lifespan of smartphones.
The customer electronics market in Pakistan has been witnessing solid growth. Top-selling items in this category include LED TVs, with brands like TCL, Samsung, and Sony leading the charge. Laptops, particularly those from Dell, HP, and Lenovo, are sought after by students and professionals alike.
Furthermore, home appliances like refrigerators, washing machines, and air conditioners from Haier, Dawlance, and Gree are essential household items, making them consistently in high demand. Consumer electronics such as LED TVs, laptops, and home appliances are in high demand for the following reasons:
- Technological Advancements: Improvements in technology are making consumer electronics more efficient and user-friendly, attracting more buyers.
- Urbanization: With the increasing urban population, the demand for household appliances has surged.
- Easier Financing Options: Many retailers offer easy installment plans, making it feasible for more consumers to purchase electronics.
Fashion Apparel and Accessories
The fashion market in Pakistan is a dynamic combination of traditional and Western aesthetics. In women’s apparel, shalwar kameez and kurtis from brands like Khaadi, Sapphire, and Gul Ahmed are top sellers. For men, formal and semi-formal shirts and suits from Junaid Jamshed and Cambridge are popular.
Fashion accessories are equally in demand. Women’s handbags, especially from brands like Charles & Keith and Stylo, along with men’s leather wallets from Jafferjees and HUB, are favorites among consumers. Moreover, footwear brands like Borjan, Service, and Bata also see high sales of their women’s pumps, men’s formal shoes, and casual sneakers.
Fashion apparel and accessories have a strong market presence due to several factors:
- Cultural Influence: The popularity of traditional attire like shalwar kameez and kurtis reflects Pakistan’s cultural preferences.
- Rising Middle Class: An expanding middle class is driving demand for both local and international fashion brands.
- E-commerce Boom: Online shopping has made a wider variety of fashion products more accessible to consumers.
Related post: List of Best Mobile Wallets in Pakistan
Beauty and Personal Care Products
The beauty and personal care market has seen significant growth thanks to an increasing interest in self-care and grooming. Skincare products like face masks, serums, and moisturizers from brands such as L’Oreal, Garnier, and local favorite Saeed Ghani are selling like hotcakes. In cosmetics, items like lipsticks, foundations, and mascaras from Medora, Maybelline, and Luscious Cosmetics are popular.
Moreover, haircare products like shampoos, conditioners, and hair oils from Pantene, Sunsilk, and Dabur Amla, as well as fragrances from J., Junaid Jamshed, and Scent Salim, are among the top-selling products.
Several factors contribute to the popularity of beauty and personal care products:
- Increased Awareness: Education about personal care and the importance of using quality products is increasing their demand.
- Influence of Social Media: Beauty trends on social media platforms encourage consumers to purchase these products.
- Rising Disposable Income: An increase in disposable income is enabling consumers to invest more in beauty and personal care products.
Also, read about the best Halal Makeup Brands List in Pakistan in 2023
Health and Wellness Products
The increasing health consciousness among Pakistanis has pushed up the demand for health and wellness products. Fitness equipment, especially treadmills, dumbbells, and yoga mats, is popular. Likewise, organic food products like honey, chia seeds, and quinoa from brands like TruNaturals and Punjab AgriFood are in high demand.
Dietary supplements such as multivitamins, fish oil, and protein powders from brands like GNC, Nutrifactor, and The Vitamin Company are becoming increasingly popular. Herbal and alternative medicines from local companies like Qarshi and Hamdard also hold a significant market share.
The rise in sales of health and wellness products can be attributed to the following factors:
- Health Consciousness: Growing awareness about the importance of fitness and healthy eating is driving this trend.
- E-commerce Growth: Online platforms are making these products easily accessible, driving their sales.
- Influence of Western Trends: Western trends promoting organic foods and fitness are influencing Pakistani consumers.
Online Food Delivery
Online food delivery has been a game-changer in Pakistan’s food industry. Local delicacies like biryani, nihari, and haleem, as well as fast food items like pizzas, burgers, and rolls, are frequently ordered through platforms like Foodpanda and Cheetay. Moreover, confectionery items, including cakes, cupcakes, and pastries, from popular bakeries like Kitchen Cuisine, Gourmet, and Jalal Sons are top-selling items, especially during festive occasions.
Online food delivery is a growing industry due to reasons like:
- Convenience: The ease of ordering food with a few clicks is attractive to the time-constrained urban population.
- Variety: The vast range of food options available online encourages more consumers to avail themselves of these services.
- Increasing Internet Penetration: With more people gaining access to the Internet, online food delivery services are reaching a wider audience.
E-Learning Platforms and Educational Tools
The shift towards online education has led to a burgeoning demand for e-learning platforms and educational tools. Subscriptions to platforms like Edkasa, Knowledge Platform, and Coursera are becoming increasingly popular. Educational toys and games for early learning and cognitive development, particularly those from brands like Lego, Play-Doh, and Fisher-Price, are also top sellers.
E-learning platforms and educational tools are in high demand because:
- Remote Learning: The COVID-19 pandemic has normalized remote learning, leading to an increased need for these tools.
- Increased Internet Access: Greater Internet access is enabling more students to avail themselves of online educational resources.
- Government Initiatives: Government efforts to digitalize education are promoting the use of e-learning platforms.
Automobiles and Spare Parts
Pakistan’s automobile industry continues to grow, with cars and motorcycles being the top sellers. In cars, models from Toyota, Honda, and Suzuki, such as the Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, and Suzuki Cultus, are particularly popular. In motorcycles, the Honda CD70, Yamaha YBR, and Suzuki GD 110S are the top-selling models.
The demand for automobile spare parts, like tires, batteries, and engine parts, from companies like General Tyre, AGS, and OsakA is also high, thanks to the country’s thriving automotive industry.
The popularity of automobiles and their spare parts can be attributed to:
- Growing Urban Population: The rise in urban living is leading to increased car ownership.
- Improved Road Infrastructure: Improved infrastructure is encouraging more people to purchase vehicles.
- Easy Financing Options: Auto financing options have made vehicle ownership more accessible for the middle class.
Furniture and Home Decor
With the rise in urbanization and new housing projects, the demand for furniture and home decor items is growing. For furniture, sofa sets, dining tables, and bed sets from Interwood, ChenOne, and Habitt are hot favorites. In-home decor, items like rugs, curtains, and lighting fixtures from Khaadi Home, Home Factree, and The Wood Value are seeing increased sales.
The rise in demand for furniture and home decor is due to factors like:
- Increasing Urbanization: More urban living means more demand for furniture and home decor items.
- Rising Middle Class: An increasing middle class is driving growth in the home decor market due to improved purchasing power.
- E-commerce Availability: The availability of these items online has made it easier for consumers to browse and purchase them.
Pakistan’s agricultural sector contributes significantly to its GDP, and it’s no surprise that agricultural products are among the top sellers. This category includes staples like wheat and rice, particularly the basmati variety, and fruits like mangoes and oranges. These products are not just sold in local markets but are also exported worldwide.
The high sales of agricultural products stem from:
- Agricultural Economy: Pakistan’s agrarian economy produces large quantities of crops like wheat and rice, driving local sales.
- Export Demand: High demand for agricultural exports, like mangoes and basmati rice, contributes to these products’ sales.
- Government Support: Government initiatives to support local farmers boost the sale of these products.
Increased digital connectivity, affordability of various brands, and the daily utility of smartphones contribute to their popularity.
Popular items include LED TVs, laptops, refrigerators, air conditioners, and washing machines from brands like TCL, Samsung, and Sony.
Online shopping has made a wide variety of local and international fashion products more accessible, increasing competition and benefiting consumers.
Pakistan’s fashion industry is vibrant and diverse. Some of the most popular brands include Khaadi, Sapphire, and Gul Ahmed for traditional attire, and Charles & Keith and Stylo for fashion accessories.
In conclusion, a collection of various products, including the top-selling products in Pakistan, dominate the nation’s market, each with its unique appeal and sales drivers. These top-sellers give a clear view of local market trends and serve as a vital guide for businesses aiming to make their mark in Pakistan. Yet, it’s essential to note that market trends shift over time. Therefore, businesses must regularly analyze the market, ensuring they stay ahead and continue thriving in an ever-evolving landscape.